- Award for Disability Activism, given by the Sisters of Loretto, in memory of Sister Lucy Ruth Rawe (2012)
- Arts Innovator of the Year (2012)
- Brotherhood/Sisterhood Award (2011)
- Lisa Wagaman Lifetime Achievement Award for Community Service (2010)
- Healthcare Heroes Finalist (2007)
- The Ethical Society’s James F. Hornback Ethical Humanist of the Year Award (2007)
- Missouri Citizens for the Arts' Frederick H. Laas Memorial Award (2006)
- Grand Center’s St. Louis Visionary Award (2003)
- Midwest Gala HRC Organization’s Equality Award (2002)
- Older Women’s League Woman of Worth Award (2002)
- Webster University’s Outstanding Alumna Award (2002)
- Recreation Council of Greater St. Louis’ Special Recognition Award (2002)
- Governor's Council on Disability Inclusion Award for Community Enhancement (2001)
- FOCUS ST. LOUIS What's Right With the Region Award for Improving Racial Justice & Social Equality (2001)
- Arts for Life Special Achievement Award (2000)
- Missouri Arts Award (2000)
- John Van Voris Award for Community Service (2000)
Our name reflects who we are. Bold, brave, willing to step outside the status quo in order to instigate social change, promote civic dialogue and produce transformative theatrical art of the highest quality for people of all ages.
Like most groundbreaking endeavors, we don’t fit very well into a neat category of description. Sometimes, we perform in gymnasiums, other times in corporate board rooms. We have even performed in a car wash.
Since we began in 1989, our work has taken many forms in response to the needs of the times. Currently, we focus on creating commissioned work about social issues for corporations, schools from elementary through university-level, and social services agencies. In other ongoing projects, we also pair amateur actors and seasoned professionals to create work about the lives of underrepresented populations.
People with disabilities.
Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgendered Adults and Youth.
People with Alzheimer’s and early onset dementia.
Women with cancer.
Survivors of suicide.
Supporters of Reproductive Choice
At risk youth
- University students
These are a few of our friends and creative partners. Check us out or better yet, join us.